Chief Hank Stawinski (above) is getting outside auditing help for his county crime lab. This article seems to say that an employee of his had previously been working at the Austin TX crime lab that was shut down last year. Now Prince George county lab has some problems. Concerns in Stawinski’s Maryland crime lab are multiple in scope:
- neglected DNA samples.
- delays in communicating DNA results to police.
- and use of outdated DNA matching software.
- the suspended lab worker is a national auditor of crime labs.
- 6 law enforcement agencies have been notified.
- 19 cases out of 4,200 may be affected.
- the audit started in November and has uncovered more than these……
Article about Prince George, Maryland (it is near Washington, DC)