This one article ( from a large collection) about a very senior Western Australia DNA prosecutorial lab DNA scientist raises a bunch of questions on his decades long case work. Here are some key comments:
- State’s leading DNA expert sacked.
- Some of the state’s highest profile murder cases and others based heavily on DNA evidence have been thrown into doubt
- was sacked for “cutting corners” during testing.
- senior DNA analyst Laurance Webb was “the man” at state-run pathology centre
- the sacking and breaches against Mr Webb were “unprecedented in Western Australia’s criminal justice history”
- State Department of Public Prosecution informed all prisoners and attorneys about Webb being guilty of “four serious charges.”
2014 article interviewing Dr. Webb about Forensics method validated for sexual assualt cases.