At Facial Recognition Databases Hearing, Congress Attacks FBI
Here are a few quotes:
- …saying the technology fosters racial bias, leads to arrests of innocent people and trashes Americans’ privacy.
- More than 400 million pictures of Americans’ faces are archived in local, state and federal law enforcement facial recognition networks.
- I have zero confidence in the FBI and the [Justice Department], frankly, to keep this in check
- This is really Nazi Germany here, what we’re talking about
- I think we’re reaching a very sad point, a very dangerous point, when we’re doing away with the reasonable expectation of privacy about anything.
Full article from NBC.