“Forensic DNA Analysis, and in particular interpreting complex DNA mixtures and calculating statistics, can be challenging.”
That is the understated headline of the FBI’s newest training titled “ACSLD Webinair: DNA Standards and Guidelines” that was presented last week.
Here are some the reasons we should gain a bit of knowledge for a broader perspective on all things FBI and Forensics and their “challenges.”
- FBI notifies crime labs of errors used in DNA match calculations since 1999
- The public fear wrongful arrests and convictions due to DNA database mistakes, errors and fraud.
- The false promise of DNA testing.
- The potential for error in DNA testing
- Jeff Session wants to keep forensics in the Dark Ages